Today is all about red velvet (one of my many favorites)! I made these brownies awhile a go but they were perfect for Valentines day, so I thought I’d save the post until now!
I made red velvet brownies and they were DELICIOUS! I found the recipe on pinterest, but the actual site is Sallys Baking Addiction.
Mine didn’t look like her pictures at all (her’s were way prettier), but I also struggled with the cream cheese swirl. I also doubled the recipe because I accidentally added too many eggs, but it ended up being for the best because the doubled recipe made a 9×13 pan, which meant more goodness! 🙂
I HIGHLY recommend this recipe to any fellow red velvet lovers, and good luck! See you all tomorrow for what Valentines Day means to me!
Even though I haven’t had many Valentine’s Dates, here are some things that I would enjoy, or that I would set up for that someone special:
1. Gather some blankets, cushions, pillows, and anything comfy and make your living room or bedroom super comfy and cozy. Add some candles maybe some of your favorite snacks or order food in and make it a movie or Netflix night! This will keep things casual but it also shows that you put some thought in to it. Plus you spend close to nothing putting this together!
2. Get in the kitchen! Making dinner together would be the perfect way to start out your evening. Pick your favorite dish, or take a little risk and try something completely new!
3. If you live somewhere that has decent weather in February, set up a cute little picnic! Or even if you have to suffer through the wintery weather (like me), you could set up a little romantic picnic in your living room! You could even combine idea number 2, and cook your dinner and then picnic it up in the living room!
4. Go to a concert! If you are both music fans (who isn’t, though?) get some concert tickets! This could be a little pricey (depending on the artist) but I personally would LOVE this!
5. This idea might not be for everyone, but ice skating! A lot of rinks (at least around where I live) are still open and this would make a cute date idea as well! I personally am not super coordinated on the ice, so I would struggle big time! But you could still make it fun!
No matter how you choose to spend your VDay this year, just remember it doesn’t always have to be all about spending a bunch of money and getting all fancy. If going all out is your style, then definitely go for it, just don’t feel pressure or get stressed over it!
See you tomorrow for my favorite Valentines treat!
Today is all about do it yourself gifts! I think Valentines Day is the perfect time to make something for someone you love, partly because I’m not really in to spending a lot of money on this day. You shouldn’t have to spend a lot of money to show some one how much you love and appreciate them, so here are some ideas!
1: 52 Reasons I Love You Deck
These are super popular and I LOVE THEM! It may be hard to come up with all of the 52 reasons, but get cute and creative with it. Think about little quirks and things that the other might not think of! It might be tedious to put it all together in a deck of cards but I think it’s totally worth it!
2: Printable Dates
I’ve never heard of something like this but I think it’s a great idea. I can imagine it might be hard to think of unique dates, and this could really help, and it’s kind of fun to have a set list!
3: Printable Coupons
Whether it’s printable one’s you find online or if you make some on your own, cute little coupon books make a great gift!
4: Open When Envelopes
You can find these all over Pinterest. I LOVE this idea, and I plan to definitely make my own version of these for my future boyfriend. They are an inexpensive gift, and that might take a little while but I think they are totally worth it!
6: Flower and Favorite Candy-
So simple, but still means a lot. Even just a single flower is great. I, personally, am not into HUGE gestures for Valentines Day. I’m more of a DIY girl myself. So I’d be happy with something like this. Valentines Day is about being with those you love, not how much you spend, right? 🙂
All of these would make amazing gifts, that I’m sure that anyone would LOVE these gifts, I know I would! Tomorrow is all about DATE ideas!! See ya then!
So I took another little break (I’ll try to work on that) but I’m back to announce that it’s…
Even though I’m single and ready to mingle ;), I really enjoy Valentines Day! So I came up with daily posts all about Valentines day! Here’s what’s in the works this week:
I’m excited! Today is all about blogs I LOVE! Here are my top three!
1. Tay Meets World – I love this blog because Tay has a little bit of everything in her posts! This is a blog I really look up to, and I aspire to be a blogger like Tay. She is also one of the creators of the 25 Days of Christmas series I did this past December.
2. All Things M – I might be a little biased on this one because this blogger is one of my best friends, but she has a great blog! I also have to give her credit because she came up with the idea to start her blog, and I kinda stole it and started a blog as well!
3. With All My Affection – This is another blogger I look up to! She also has a wide variety of posts, but I also like that she is very active with her readers!
Check out all of these great blogs, and check back here tomorrow for DIY gift ideas!