As you all probably know, yesterday was the first day of October, aka my favorite month ever! Not only because it’s my birthday month, but also because it’s the “true” beginning of FALL, my favorite season! So I have gathered a list of some of my favorite fall things, because it really is the best season of the year.
So here’s the list…
1. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING – pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, carving pumpkins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin fluff, pumpkin shakes from Culver’s, basically anything with the word “pumpkin” in it is something I enjoy. I’m obsessed with pumpkin flavored things, more than you know.
2. THE LEAVES CHANGING COLORS – you really don’t even need an explanation, they’re just beautiful
3. CHILLY WEATHER – I love those perfect fall days; where the sun is shining but it’s still a little nippy outside: literally my favorite days. There’s something about the slightly crisp air and the sun all wrapped up in to the perfect day.
4. SWEATERS, AND LIGHT JACKETS – so so comfy, and perfect for those fall days; and not to mention, fashionable.
5. IT’S CLOSER TO UGG SEASON – I usually get a ton of crap for being a “basic white girl” in my ugg boots, but I don’t even care because they’re cute, comfy, and warm.
6. DELICIOUS SMELLS – all of the yummy baking, and the burning leave. LOVE those smells, along with, as my roommate calls it, the “Halloween” smell (however you explain that). But there seems to be specific autumn smell in the air: perfection.
7. HALLOWEEN – other than the fourth of July, Halloween is my favorite holiday. Dressing up, candy, spooky things…it’s all too perfect. When I was younger, I can remember being so excited to put on my costume before school and spending the whole day in it, and then spending the evening with my cousins going door to door looking for candy!
8. MY BIRTHDAY – my birthday just happens to land on the 28th of October, so that might have something to do with why this month is so great 😉
9. SQUASH – okay, I normally wouldn’t think of this delicious gourd, but my roommate had some earlier this week and it smelled super good!
So there’s my list. I hope that everyone has a wonderful October, and makes the most out of this wonderful season! Hopefully there are more posts coming soon, so stay tuned 🙂