So this weekend I finally enjoyed my first Vans Warped tour! I had a amazing time with some pretty great people! Besides the intense sun, large crowd, and obscene amount of dust, I got to listen to some great music!
So I thought for this post I would give some tips for those of you that plan on attending any sort of all day music festival! So here they are:
1. NEVER, EVER, GO WITHOUT SUNSCREEN! This tip is in all caps because this is beyond important! I, unfortunately, only brought 8 SPF sunscreen and I regret it completely. I’m fried to a crisp, and blistering like crazy! So I learned my lesson. Always bring a strong SPF sunscreen and apply multiple times through out the day!
2. Get a good nights sleep the night before. More than likely you’ll be walking or standing most of the day, and if you’re in the hot sun and in a large crowd, you’re going to be tired. It’s important to get sleep!
3. Eat a decent breakfast! I didn’t eat much before and I didn’t eat anything at all during Warped because I was so hot and dehydrated. Food is always a good plan before a long day! And that leads me to my next tip…
4. DRINK LOTS OF WATER! This is also in all caps because it is extremely important! Not drinking enough can be so dangerous! You don’t want to risk getting sick especially in a large crowd.
5. Make sure you actually enjoy the music that’s going to be played. If you are going to be standing around all day with loud music all around you, you’re going to want to actually enjoy the music. If anything, bring ear plugs to help protect your ears!
6. Bring medication! You never know when a headache will occur! Always be prepared!
7. Don’t be afraid to sit down and take a break! Especially if you’re tired, and hot! You can still enjoy some music if you’re sitting in the grass.
8. Plan, plan, plan! If there’s going to be a lot of bands or groups there, make sure you have an idea of the one’s that you just can’t miss! Some of the time bands are playing at the same times, or their sets overlap…so you might have to decide between the two!
Last but not least…
9. Dress appropriately! Wear the right shoes, especially if you’re going to be walking! Also…if it’s gonna be hot, wear shorts and a tank. If it’s chilly…bring a jacket!
….also consider not wearing sunglasses, you could get some weird tan lines from those (I did.)
I had an amazing time, and I hope that my tips help, and that you all enjoy you’re summer activities.