Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone is getting ready for a eventful weekend, I know that I am! My high school’s prom is this weekend and in honor of that I thought I would do a Fav Friday in honor of that. It’s going to be stretching the theme a bit, but it’s my blog and I made the theme so I guess I can do what I want! 🙂 I’m going to post my “favorite” prom look, so basically what I would want if I could go to prom one last time!
Just so you guys know…I’m just going through my pins on pinterest to find these!
1. the dress! probably the most important part of your look! My junior year I went for big and poofy, and senior year I went for a simple A-line with some beading on the top.
I feel like green is always a good choice. I’m not sure about other schools, but at my school green was never a popular prom dress color…especially the deep green. I’m a huge fan of glitter and sparkle, not so much the pink, but I love the look of this second dress.
I just really loved the back of this purple dress. I personally loved having my one strap my senior year, it’s just a sense of protection. Plus, you don’t have to constantly keep pulling up your dress all night…that’s a huge bonus!
2. Hair! another super important thing to consider! I did half down, half up for my junior year and all the way up my senior year. Personally I think an up-do is easier for prom, it’s cooler and doesn’t get in the way.
Up-dos are good if you have a dress with a dramatic back or if you know it’s going to be hot or wet.
Hair down can be really simple and cute! It all depends on your dress, and your preference.
3. MAKE-UP! this can make or break a look. For both of my years of prom, I didn’t do much for make-up and I regret it. At that time in my life I was sorta make-up challenged so it probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway. I think that for prom you should go for a simple yet noticeable look, but don’t over do it. Personally, I prefer a more natural look but I want it too look like I tried.
I love these lashes!!
4. Shoes! I’d definitely go for comfort. You’re probably going to spend a hour if not more taking pictures…plus dinner, and grand march. My senior year I wore Vans, and it looked fine!
5. Jewelry! it’s definitely a personal preference. I’m not a big jewelry person to begin with so I didn’t wear much. To be honest, a corsage was annoying enough for a evening (even though it was gorgeous). Unlike my roommate, who is blinged out 24/7; I actually have never seen her without at least 3 rings or bracelets. So jewelry was probably a big thing for prom for her.
This was my actual corsage for my senior year; it had strips of rhinestone is it! LOVE!
6. your date! of course this is not required, but sometimes a date can make the whole experience better. You don’t need a boyfriend, just pick someone that you’re comfortable with and that you know you’ll have fun with. I took my best friend, and he was the best date I could ask for!
I hope this was semi-interesting! Have a great weekend!